Hi, I'm Wes,
a UX designer at Red Hat living in Vermont with mah fam.
I’ve spent the past 15 years in digital marketing helping small businesses tell their story and acheive their goals.
As part of an award-winning marketing agency I designed literally hundreds of websites. Data-informed and creative, the sites pumped life into existing brands and improved their bottom-line.
Because following best practices and nervously hitting launch is only part of the game. As the design-voice of an internal think-tank for how to use data more, I’ve improved conversions using user research and testing.
- First designer at marketing agency. Helped grow to 3-person design team.
- Helped create an unbranded pattern library for agency. Strong interest in scaling design.
- Sat in developer roles and aided communications between design and engineering.
- Introduced critique to agency.
- Cut teeth in graphic design. I practiced typography, layout, and print at my first job out of college.
- Freelance work in the gift-economy.
- User experience
- User interface
- User research
- Graphic design
- Design systems
- Pattern libraries
- Frontend development
- Design critique
- Social media
- Email marketing