One of my freelance clients was starting a new venture. Since we previously collaborated on a different music academy website, much of the functionality would be similar and could be used as a starting point. The design needed to match their bright, friendly logo. The back-end needed to be able to separate faculty by role, to assign teachers to multiple school locations, and to update availability.
I did it all – this was my baby. Design, development, Mailchimp integration, and ongoing support. For the music academy site, I had worked with a developer, and on this one I was able to reuse certain parts again (custom post types). The client supplied all content.
Process & Timeline
- Define the scope and timeline for both parties
- Design blocky wireframes, to focus broadly
- Complete style guide, to touch on the details
- Develop beta site
- Connect mailing list and create email marketing strategy
- Launch and deliver documentation: WordPress Tips and Website Manual
- Updates. Over our 2 year relationship, they expanded from 1 location to 4, resulting in many changes.
Deliverables: Site design, Custom WordPress Theme, WordPress Manual, Website Manual, Email integration
View the site on the wayback machine, from 2016.